The rise of podcasting has transformed the way people can tell their stories, add to their digital output and earn money. As newspapers and magazines look for more digital content to attract their tribes, audio skills are an essential addition to the journalist’s toolkit, while bloggers without a podcast are missing a trick.
This one-day course will teach you how to frame your story for audio, record audio using a smartphone/recorder, edit and the basics of podcasting.
- Learn to turn a press release into an audio story
- Learn how to record audio interviews and use a microphone to get the best sound
- Learn how to get a performance from your interviewee
- Learn how to get atmosphere for your story
- Learn how to use links to tell your story
- Learn how to edit using Pro Tools, Audacity or Audition
- Learn how podcasting fits into the digital news landscape
- How to use social media to promote your podcast
- Learn how to get ‘New and Noteworthy’ on iTunes
- Learn how to get to number 1 in the iTunes charts
- How to make money from your podcast!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes